The Civil War Archive
Union Regimental Histories
2nd Regiment North Carolina Mounted Infantry
Organized: Knoxville, Tenn., October, 1863.
- 1st Brigade, Willcox's Division, 9th Army Corps, Left Wing Forces, Dept. Ohio, to April,1864.
- 1st Brigade, 4th Division, 23rd Army Corps, Dept. Ohio, to February, 1865.
- 1st Brigade, 4th Division, District of East Tennessee, Dept. of the Cumberland, to August, 1865.
- Ordered to Greenville, Tenn., October 16, 1863, and duty there until November 6, 1863.
- Moved to Bull's Gap November 6, and duty there until December 1863.
- March across Clinch Mountains to Clinch River.
- Action at Walker's Ford December 2, 1863.
- Gibson's and Wyerman's, Miss., February 22, 1864. (I believe the 'Miss' to be in error, the reference is probably Gibson's and Wyerman's Mills, Cumberland Gap area - OR Reference)
- Duty at Cumberland Gap and patrol duty in East Tennessee until April 1865.
- Scout from Cumberland Gap January 23-27, 1865.
- Expedition from East Tennessee into Western North Carolina March 21-April 25, 1865.
- Moved to Boone, N. C., April 6, 1865
- Moved to Asheville, N. C., April 27-30, 1865.
- Duty in North Carolina and East Tennessee until August 1865.
- Mustered out August 16, 1865.
Source - "A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion" by Frederick H. Dyer